Our technology can make you do the things at the comfort of your home, you can mix and master your very own projects but do you really have enough skills to do that? Are you experienced enough to be able to do all of this on your own without the help of an online mixing and mastering services? Anyone can do some mixing and mastering online but it takes a lot of experience to produce something with great quality. It has its own pros and cons.
Below are the list of Pros in doing your own mixing and mastering online:
· Number one in the list is you will be able to save money. For starters, the monetary funds is the greatest challenge for them especially if they were not born with a silver spoon in their mouth. Instead of paying some professional for your mixing and mastering, you can use the money for marketing and promotion which also cost a lot of money.
· It takes a lot of practice for someone to be called and expert and if you do your own mixing and mastering, you will be able to refine your skills. As you gain experience in mixing and mastering online, you can also offer services for an extra income. You will now have a brighter future in the music industry because of your skills.
· Since you are your own boss, you will be able to do all of this without any time limits and worry about the hourly fee. You can do all your stuff as long as you want.
Below are the list of Cons in doing your own mixing and mastering online:
· Since you will be doing some discoveries about the function of each button, you might be making edits that can’t be fixed even by professionals. As mentioned above, you need a lot of practice.
· Just because you can do all the mixing and mastering anytime you want, if you don’t have the dedication to practice and learn it then there is no point in doing your own mixing and mastering. If you think you can produce a good quality music, think again, unless you’ve done all the practice that you need for years and not just days.
· Somebody’s called a professional because of the experience and licenses that they have gained through the years. They succeed because they know something that you don’t. They have done a lot of mixing and mastering that’s why making your song a hit is easy for them. If I would be given a chance to bet between beginners and professionals, I would put my money on someone who’s already in the business for years.
So if you want to become successful in this business, I suggest that you hire a professional while you are still practicing your skills. You can also ask them for tips which you can use while you are still a novice.